At Unity Hospice, we use music in several different ways, at no cost to patients and their families:
- We provide live music for patients, in their private homes or in facilities, throughout the various stages of end of life care.
- We provide music on audio CDs for patient comfort, as well as for their caregivers.
- CDs are custom made in our studio to meet the needs of patients, in various stages of illness.
- They can include sounds of nature in the background to provide for a relaxing environment for both patients and caregivers.
- We make DVD slideshows, consisting of the family’s favorite photographs with background music, for viewing on their TV’s or computers.
- Unity also sponsors monthly sing-alongs at several nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Unity provides a truly unique service: a commemorative hand-finished portrait for the patient and their family. Our artist works from a favorite photograph, using both the computer and various art media to make each portrait a one-of-a kind work of art. This service is offered at no cost to patients or their families.
*Service not available in all coverage areas.