Hospice care is an alternative to traditional health care specifically geared to the unique needs of terminally ill patients and their families by providing physical and emotional care to patients.
Unity Hospice helps patients:
- Remain in the familiar setting of their home or long-term care facility
- Realize relief from pain and discomfort
- Remain as active as possible
- Receive comfort and support so patients can maintain their self-control, independence, and dignity
Unity Hospice’s role is to provide professional medical care, to manage pain and other symptoms, and to meet the social, emotional, and spiritual needs of each patient and their family. It is our hope and belief that, through appropriate care, patients and their families can attain a meaningful degree of mental and spiritual preparation for death.
What’s Included in Unity Hospice Care?
- Care provided by the entire hospice team: physician, nurse, social worker, certified nursing assistant, chaplain, dietitian, pharmacist, and volunteers.
- Care is individualized and based on the patient’s and family’s goals of comfort and quality of life.
- Supplies, equipment and medications.
- Service where the patient resides.
- Inpatient services for management of any acute symptoms.
- Spiritual enrichment and bereavement counseling.
- Ancillary Therapies: Music, Physical/Occupational, Speech, Massage, Pet, etc.
- Ability to provide education to caregivers and family members.
- On-call nurse available 24/7.
- Volunteers providing special attention and stimulation.
- Assistance with advance directives and community support.